Take your pick
With a fleet of 380 boats and 24 starting bases in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Italy and Poland, Locaboat Holidays can offer varied itineraries and a new way of discovering unspoilt regions.
Choose your cruise by destination or special interest: Heritage and History? Food and Wine? Bathing? A City Break? Our holiday ideas will help you find the trip which best meets your expectations. See our Themed Cruises section.
As for the route, there is a wide range to choose from. Locaboat offers 200 different cruises on the canals and rivers of France. You can search by region, length of trip, start day and whether it’s one-way or a return cruise. Whatever you choose, discovering France from this new perspective will never cease to delight you.
Simple and flexible booking
When you have decided where and when you’d like to take a cruise you can find which boat is available and then BOOK your holiday direct online.
Just a few clicks will bring you to the list of boats available, showing destination, your choice of week and the price.
If you need time to discuss things with your party, you can HOLD your cruise for a few days.
Or, you can also fill in an availability request online and we will reply to you quickly by email, with a list of available holidays that closely match your request.
You can also contact us by email or telephone; our teams will be delighted to answer you.
A down-payment of 40% will be due when you make your booking. Various payment methods are possible. The balance is due one month prior to the start of your trip.
Book online – this link brings up a booking form pop-up. Is this intended? Better to provide a link to the ‘real’ page – although this format does make the booking form look much easy to read.
What is included in the price of your holiday
The rental price includes :
- Rent of the equipment, crockery and cutlery, bedding and bathroom towels
- The cruising fee owed to the authorities.
- Boat insurance.
- A gas bottle of 12 or 13 kg, depending on the country (additional bottles are chargeable)
- The Captain's Handbook.
- Boat handling instruction before you set off.
- Technical assistance available 7 days a week during working hours.
Supplementary costs will be calculated at the starting base :
- Fuel (diesel oil) used is payable when you return; calculated on engine hours.
- Deposit and damage waiver
- The cruising guide, full of useful information in preparing for your cruise
- The one-way supplement if you choose this type of trip
- An optional cancellation plan (4% of the price of the trip)
we can also offer a number of extras to make your cruise as pleasant as possible :
Parking, airport transfers, bike and dinghy rental, cleaning service and many others.
In the Brochure and Prices section, you will find all of our prices and the terms and conditions of sale.