Locaboat guarantees the best price on its boats and Pénichettes®. Up to 3 days after your booking was made, if you find cheaper elsewhere for the same departure date and for the same boat model, we will refund you the difference. Send us an email to [email protected] indicating the cheapest offer and where you have found it to get the refund.
How do boat hire prices work?
The hire price covers the cost to charter a boat, regardless of the number of people on board and the route chosen. This price relies on 4 factors: chosen boat type, start date of your cruise, country of navigation, length of your holiday.
The season usually runs from March to October and our price list is divided into 5 pricing periods (from low season at the start and end of the season to very high season during the summer).
We offer permanent discounts that automatically apply to your boat hire price and which can be combined up to a maximum of 25%:
* Early Booking offer valid for the 2021 season on all boats and on all dates for a minimum one-week cruise. This offer is not retroactive and can be cumulated with our other catalogue offers, valid until 31/01/2021.
In addition, we regularly advertise special offers on our website and in our newsletters that are valid for a limited period. Stay tuned! However, to benefit from the largest selection of boats and departure dates, we strongly recommend to book well ahead.
Eventually hiring a boat and renting a car are very similar when it comes to the extra costs you pay on top : you have to pay for your diesel and you must leave a deposit (in case of damages).
You must also pay a refundable damage deposit (€1500 to € 2000 depending on the boat model). The deposit will be retained in part or in full at the end of your cruise if the boat is damaged.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to our non-refundable damage waiver (please check “Exclusions from the guarantees of insurance” on the captain’s handbook)
Hire prices include
- Hire of the boat and its equipment
- Crockery, bed linen and towels
- The navigation fees charged by waterways authorities
- Insurance for the boat
- The first gas cylinder
- The captain’s handbook
- Cruising lesson on the day of departure
- Technical assistance 7 days a week during working hours
Hire prices do not include
- Cleaning at the end of the holiday
- Any damage caused to the boat during your cruise
- Diesel used during your cruise
- The supplement for pets
- Transfer of your car or taxi fare in the case of one-way cruises
- Mooring fees in harbours during your cruise
Boat hire prices
for season 2021
CALENDAR of 2021 periods
Book your cruise
Is it possible to hire a boat for a short break?
Short breaks hire prices are calculated on a cost per day: 3 extra days for a weekend and 4 extra days for a mini-week. All details and prices can be found in the pricelist document.
Please note that these short breaks are usually not offered via the online booking system. If you wish to know availabilities and book a short break, please contact our booking office or fill the dedicated quotation form that you can find here.
For the extended weekends in Spring, we propose fixed departure days (Monday, Friday, Saturday in most cases). However, in case of bank holiday, we offer special departure days so that you can enjoy long weekends aboard a Locaboat boat.
Hire prices are set as follows:
- 5-day long weekends = the price for 6 extra days
- 4-day long weekends = the price for 5 extra days
- 3-day long weekends = the price for 4 extra days